Re: [exim] Re-routing mail to the secondary MX server

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re-routing mail to the secondary MX server
On 2022-01-12, Dmitriy Matrosov via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to re-route certain mails on the primary server (with lowest MX priority)
> to the secondary (the one with highest priority)?
>
> My use case is if the recipient is not found on the primary server,
> try to deliver a message to the secondary server (which is controlled by another person).
>
> Thanks.

Don't make it a secondary unless you trust it to accept and forward emails for
your server to you server, then you have to solve the problem where neither server
wants a certain email.

If you want it to cover some of your domain's mailboxes then you'll
need to add a manualroute router for it

put it between the local delivery router and the remote dnslookup
router.

If possible have the rcpt acl for your domain check this server where
appropriate, "verify = callout" or "control = cutthru" are possible ways.

--
Jasen.