Re: [exim] Exim always expands sender_rcvhost to unverified …

Author: Matt Corallo
To: exim-users, Heiko Schlittermann
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim always expands sender_rcvhost to unverified IP

On 11/17/21 11:56, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
> Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 17 Nov 2021 13:17:33 CET):
>> Typo? What do you mean with "sender_rcvhost"?
> Mea culpa. You're talking about the variable to be expanded inside the
> Received header.
>
> But given this, I still can't see any issue with the logs you provided.

Same, I'd think, but according to the SpamAssassin folks its incorrect. According to them, a
Received line like the following indicates that the host was *not* verified, but Exim seems to have
fully verified the FcRDNS:

     by mail.as397444.net with esmtps TLS1.3 id 1mmjFb-0034Ki-02
     (envelope-from <bounces+11006833-f9b2-vmstfpodc=mattcorallo.com@???>)
     for vmstfpodc@???; Mon, 15 Nov 2021 21:10:54 +0000

Specifically, it seems Spamassassin is looking for something more postfix-esque like

I haven't dug into any relevant RFCs to see who's fault it really is, but it seems Spamassassin and
Exim don't agree on how to communicate validated DNS.

Matt