Re: [exim] dovecot Authentication

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Marc Bakos
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] dovecot Authentication
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:51 AM Marc Bakos via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> Hello. I'm trying to use the dovecot driver in exim but getting a little
> stuck.
>
> To be exact, I'm getting an error when trying to authenticate from my IMAP
> client (Thunderbird).
>
> The error in the log I get is: "Taint mismatch, string_vformat:
> auth_dovecot_server 282".
>
> I think this line in my exim config is the one in question: "server_set_id
> = $auth1"
>
> Could you confirm what other tests I could do to ensure the string data for
> $auth1 is correct? The error in the log seems like this is an error with
> data being passed in? I may be wrong, so any advice is incredibly helpful.

You may need to show what you have in your authenticators because according
to the spec,
that error is not supposed to occur.

37. The dovecot authenticator (exim.org)
<https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_dovecot_authenticator.html>

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,