Re: [exim] Exim4 delay at boot

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 delay at boot
On 13/11/2021 15:50, JHM via Exim-users wrote:
> IPv6 socket creation failed: Address family not supported by protocol

The trouble is that this error only tell us that this specific
socket create failed. Inferring that the system as a whole has
no ipv6 support would be a bit of a step.

We could use some way of enquiring of the system for such configuration,
if not too invasive in the exim binary - and flip the default for the
disable_ipv6 option. I'm not aware if there is any such method.
Please also be aware that Exim run on, and has to be built and tested for,
not only other Linux distros but also other non-Linux Unixes.

Or, as has been suggested, the Debian installer could do the same
configuration change. Or you could, if it was your choice to
configure this system without ipv6.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy