Re: [exim] Exim4 delay at boot

Author: sawbona
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 delay at boot
Hello:

On 13 Nov 2021 at 18:10, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:

> ... we are discussing some hypothesis ...

Yes, I agree.

> ... no direct confirmations that problem is due to IPv6.

Well ...

First I have the Exim paniclog message which gave me a clue as to what could have been
going on.

[code]
IPv6 socket creation failed: Address family not supported by protocol
[/code]

Then I have that adding the line below to the 'Main' section of the exim4.conf.template file
gets rid of both the delay *and* the paniclog message:

[code]
disable_ipv6 = true
[/code]

And lastly I have that I can faithfully reproduce the problem by simply rolling back the edit.
As expected, the rollback brings back both the delay *and* the paniclog message.

Seems as confirmed as can be.
At least to me.

Thanks for your input.

Best,