Re: [exim] Spurious DKIM failures

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Spurious DKIM failures
On 05/07/2021 22:19, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
>    No evidence of "inherited" memory corruption:
>   after failure of DKIM verificaion subsequent mails are verified correctly.
>   So it seems as rarely manifested bug.

I agree, rather difficult to know how to work on this.

You say that subsequent mails are ok; is that subsequent within
a single connection? What about previous ones on the same
connection - does that ever happen?

While there have been several changes in the DKIM code that probably
are not in the binary you are running:

$ git diff --stat exim-4.94.2 master src/dkim.c src/pdkim
  src/src/pdkim/pdkim.c   |  1 +
  src/src/pdkim/signing.c |  3 ++-

these only amount to a) more taint-tracking b) more efficient memory
use over multi-message connections c) maintaining functionality with
more-recent GnuTLS versions. I don't see any fixes, at least in
dkim-specific code.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy