Re: [exim] gmail - spf/dkim/dmarc question

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew C Aitchison
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] gmail - spf/dkim/dmarc question
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021, Wayne via Exim-users wrote:

> I'm using EXIM, though I don't believe this is an EXIM specific issue.
> Perhaps someone on this list has run into this before.
>
> I've used a few different tools to verify my SPF, DKIM and DMARC DNS
> records to ensure they are valid. If I send an email to my gmail
> account, open the message, click on the menu on the right side of the
> message and choose "show original". The table at the top of the
> message contains "DKIM: 'PASS' with domain useunix.net".
>
> While viewing the original, I can see in the received headers that
> gmail adds:
>
> ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;

I *think* Google values ARC above DMARC.

>       dkim=pass header.i=@useunix.net header.s=dkim-2020090201
> header.b=jKl5NQPj;
>       spf=pass (google.com: domain of wcuddy@??? designates
> 172.104.219.156 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=wcuddy@???;
>       dmarc=pass (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE)
> header.from=useunix.net

So DKIM, SPF and DMARC all pass.

> If I send to my gmail account from my office, which uses O365, and
> view the original the table at the top has entries for DKIM but also
> for SPF and DMARC.
>
> SPF:    PASS with IP X.X.X.X
> DKIM:   'PASS' with domain myworkdomain.com
> DMARC:  'PASS'

> Any idea why the discrepancy in the fields that gmail displays at the
> top of the message? I must have something configured incorrectly
> somewhere, but gmail doesn't make it easy for me to determine what the
> issue is.

The difference could be that yours has ARC headers, or that Google
has special handling for O365, but the evidence suggests that
Google are happy with what you are doing.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???