Re: [exim] RELAY NOT PERMITED exim4

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RELAY NOT PERMITED exim4
Am 17.04.21 um 13:49 schrieb Douba Samuel DIARRA via Exim-users:
> Hello
> I was using Exim 4, in office (differents sites) but I was using vsat system for interconnecting sites. I put private adresses to configure exim in differents sites.
> Since I published my servers on internet, I have this kind of error message and i cannot send mails. the message is : RELAY NOT PERMITED
>
> Need some advices please

Three reasons:

A) you check for a valid SMTP-AUTH on the server and did not use it in
your mailclient's config.

B) you made a typo in one of your local domainnames, you want to send
mail to, so exim "thinks" it shall send it to the external domain and
requests SMTP-AUTH for it (  --> A ) to avoid beeing an open relay.

C) you forgot to change your relay_hosts entries to you new IPs ( maybe
a typo )

A+B are very common problems.

best regards,
Marius