Re: [exim] RELAY NOT PERMITED exim4

Author: Sebastian
Subject: Re: [exim] RELAY NOT PERMITED exim4
But its still good to use "auth_advertise_hosts" to restrict which hosts
that are permitted to authenticate in addition to this.
Else you will get bots that hack the password and then spam with your
server.

In auth_advertise_hosts, you can use CIDR notation (like 123.123.123.0/24)
to allow large amounts of hosts in case of dynamic IP or mobile terminals.

So authenticated SMTP should still be IP restricted since there is bots out
there guessing passwords (and hitting the right passwords sometimes and
gaining access)