Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.35 testing issues on Windows

Author: Daniel Richard G.
To: Ze'ev Atlas, Philip Hazel
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.35 testing issues on Windows
Hi Ze'ev,

On Sat, 2020 Nov 21 19:49-05:00, Ze'ev Atlas wrote:
> Hi Phil
>
> I see that this involved an open file command which means that you have
> to supply the filename, potentially fully qualified filename. That
> brings a few questions:
>
> 1. Why should the onus of fixing this be on you rather than on the
> user, who should supply a fully qualified file name?

The relative pathname in question is present in the testdata/testinput2
file. It is not provided by the user.

> 2. The file loaded is in binary format, so it should not be the source
> code directory that is passed to pcre2test but the binary directory,
> unless, of course if it is the same one in your OS and build setting
> (which cannot be in native z/OS)

The "testbtables" file is in binary format, but it is part of the PCRE
source distribution. The file is probably not usable when processing
EBCDIC text, however.

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || skunk@???
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.