Re: [pcre-dev] Preparation for using JIT under S390

Author: Ze'ev Atlas
To: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Preparation for using JIT under S390
For some reason I do not receive all emails from pcre-dev, so I am answering my own email.
I tried several attempts to disengage the code from the 'Linux only' approach.  Unfortunately, this is unnecessarily too involved and include usage of non-standard (outside of *nix world) headers such as auxv.h, elf.h and elf/elf.h.  This is done not only in the allocator as I had hoped, but also in the S390 actual module.
I contend that this is a wrong approach and I formally protest that to the steering committee.  But I guess that nobody would listen to me.
Since I am a one person team with no corporation sponsors, and have a day job, I had to abandon the effort for now.  Is it possible to contact IBM and have them look at the matter, please.

Ze'ev Atlas