Re: [exim] unable to use $home variable in accept router?!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy Harris
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] unable to use $home variable in accept router?!
On 15/10/2020 15:04, Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users wrote:
> Routers and transports have the options "user" and "group" (chapters 15
> and 24) which allow you to change the user/group that exim runs as
> for these actions.

Not quite. They set up the user/group which will be used for the final
delivery. Specifically, they do not affect the environment in which
the router runs.

Note that while routing is in progress we do not necessarily have
a "final" username.

As with other part of exim operations: if you want to access a file,
it has to be accessible by the UID exim runs as. This usually has
a name such as "mail" or "exim".
--
Cheers,
Jeremy