[exim] Exim 4.94: address suffixes and local delivery to su…

Author: ivanov
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim 4.94: address suffixes and local delivery to subdirectories in maildir mailboxes
Hello! I try to use Exim 4.94 as my post server and I want to use address suffixes and local delivery to subdirectories in maildir mailboxes.

I've used this decision from the official documentation (ch. 26.5):

directory = /var/mail/$local_part_data\
           ${if eq{$local_part_suffix}{}{}\
           {/.${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}}}
maildirfolder_create_regex = /\.[^/]+$

In my case I use a mail directory inside a home directory and the path '/home/$local_part_data/.maildir' instead of '/var/mail/$local_part_data'.

After that I've got the error "Tainted '/home/user/.maildir/.test' (file or directory name for local_delivery transport) not permitted".

I'm a newbie in Exim and confused about this error. I understand that tainted data may not be used for a directory name, but I don't know how to specify in this case a path to directories that should be created from local part suffixes.

If you know a possible solution for this case, tell me, please.

--
Best Regards,
Ivanov