Re: [exim] msg:fail:internal

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] msg:fail:internal
On 30/09/2020 15:57, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> What I want to do is to track a particular error (AUTH used when not
> advertised), in a cleaner way than scanning the log. My impression was
> this was just the kind of thing events were meant for. Was I wrong?

Yes and no. Event call-points get get added when someone finds a
use for one. Your point of interest doesn't have one yet -
and it probably would go in the msg: group either, being independent
of a specific message; more associated with the SMTP connection.

Yes in that it lets you write code to do something special when one
of them fires.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy