Re: [exim] Exim grammar help needed

Author: Phillip Carroll
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim grammar help needed
On 7/16/2020 11:56 AM, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 16/07/2020 19:00, Phillip Carroll via Exim-users wrote:
>>>  warn !domains = +screwed_up_dmarc_records
>>>  control = dmarc_enable_forensic
>>
>> Does precisely nothing because the control modifier appears AFTER the
>> failing "domains" condition. Which leaves one to wonder the intent of
>> the author.
>
> It is a common idiom; it enables the forensic stuff only for
> domains that are not listed in screwed_up_dmarc_records.

Thanks, Jeremy.

From your reply, I infer that "!domains = +x" means all domains NOT in
x. I couldn't find that definition.

So, if I wish to enable the forensic stuff for domains with screwed up
dmarc, I must populate "screwed_up_dmarc_records" (in this example) with
all domains that are NOT screwed up?

It would seem the most practical right side of the condition for that
control would be either the empty list or +local_domains. Or do I still
not understand?

Phil