Re: [exim] Replace From with To for forwarded mails and al…

Author: Sebastian Nielsen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Replace From with To for forwarded mails and also encapsulate email.
How would you solve the problem with a domain owner having set
identity-aligment = STRICT, and I receive a forwarded email, that I forward
to a adress that checks for this?
Of course they are gonna reject the email as I aren't authorized to send as
behalf on the original sender.

Thats why I want to encapsulate the email in a new message/rfc822 container,
so the original from, to, and subject are preserved, but identity checks are
done on MY adress (ergo the adress which the email is forwarded from, or in
other words, the adress the forwarding service is configured on)

Visually, in most email client, it will look like the email is in a attached
email.

Just like how my emails appear in this list server, as a attached email.
I want to basically do whatever EXACTLY as this list are doing.