Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim
Am 25.02.2020 16:23, schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:

> Mmm, that incredibly helpful error message from GnuTLS. "An error",
> wow.

I thought so, too...

> Best guess is that the client closed the connection before the
> TLS handshake finished. Possibly it doesn't like the set of
> ciphersuites your exim is offering; possibly it doesn't like
> the server certificate your exim is offering.

The certificate should not be the problem, since Dovecot uses it, too,
and the iPhone has no problem with it...
I tried to change the ciphers, but always Exim said me that the ciphers
are not allowed...
Could you suggest me how can I change them?

> To be fair to GnuTLS it wouldn't know that much more detail -
> but it _could_ tell us the difference between "TLS aborted
> during handshake, by TLS Fatal Alert" and "TCP connection
> closed during TLS handshake".
>
> To get any further you have to find the difference between
> your config (or TLS-level conversation, via studying
> packet captures) and a known-working one from this phone to
> a different mailserver.

Well, as I wrote in my first E-Mail, the only difference I found is the
"TLS session ticket"...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert@???)