Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim
On 25/02/2020 14:47, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> 15:42:24 13686 TLS: a client certificate will not be requested.
> 15:43:02 13686 LOG: MAIN
> 15:43:02 13686   TLS error on connection from [10.0.56.135]
> I=[10.0.46.11]:465 (gnutls_handshake): Error in the pull function.

Mmm, that incredibly helpful error message from GnuTLS. "An error",
wow.

Best guess is that the client closed the connection before the
TLS handshake finished. Possibly it doesn't like the set of
ciphersuites your exim is offering; possibly it doesn't like
the server certificate your exim is offering.

To be fair to GnuTLS it wouldn't know that much more detail -
but it _could_ tell us the difference between "TLS aborted
during handshake, by TLS Fatal Alert" and "TCP connection
closed during TLS handshake".

To get any further you have to find the difference between
your config (or TLS-level conversation, via studying
packet captures) and a known-working one from this phone to
a different mailserver.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy