Re: [exim] DKIM signing

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM signing
On 04/02/2020 11:53, Gedalya via Exim-users wrote:
> I'm getting these errors in paniclog, caused by messages submitted by an "black box" security monitoring device:
>
> DKIM: signing failed: LONG_LINE
>
> It seems I can't get the device to format its messages properly,

That would obviously be the preferred fix; have you raised a
bug against the supplier?

> so either some intermediary would have to reformat the messages, or perhaps exim could be made to work with this?

Exim does not reformat messages, as a matter of policy.
You could
- live with the log messages
- avoid signing these particular messages
- implement a transport-filter to do reformatting
- avoid signing for everything
--
Cheers,
Jeremy