Re: [exim] DKIM signing

Author: Gedalya
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM signing
On 2016-08-06 21:36, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Having just gone to look at the code, DKIM requires line-aware
> processing of the body being signed, to implement the requirements
> on empty- and whitespace-only- lines. The implementation currently
> implements this by buffering a full line.
>
> Handling arbitrary-length lines would need adding an extra state
> in, to track being partway through a line. Apart from changing
> some debug output, it looks feasible.

This is an ancient quote, sorry if I've missed a more recent reference.

I'm getting these errors in paniclog, caused by messages submitted by an "black box" security monitoring device:

DKIM: signing failed: LONG_LINE

It seems I can't get the device to format its messages properly, so either some intermediary would have to reformat the messages, or perhaps exim could be made to work with this?

Thanks,

Gedalya