Re: [exim] Rule invalid recipients

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rule invalid recipients
On 03/02/2020 18:29, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users wrote:
> i try block those users to send an invalid recipients, i found this rule in a site:
>
>   accept  authenticated = *
>           set acl_m_user = $authenticated_id
>           condition = ${if exists{$spool_directory/blocked_authenticated_users}}
>           condition = ${lookup{$acl_m_user}lsearch{$spool_directory/blocked_authenticated_users}{1}{0}}
>           control = freeze/no_tell
>           control = submission/domain=
>           add_header = X-Authenticated-As: $acl_m_user
>           logwrite   = RATE USER 100 invalid recipients during 1h: $authenticated_id $sender_rate/$sender_rate_period (max $sender_rate_limit)

> Is there any way to better log this error? because I see that some users of my server have been captured by the rule but I can't understand why they.

Your use of $sender_rate etc. implies that you'd be using a ratelimit
condition somewhere - but I don't see one.

Whatever site you grabbed this from, I can't recommend it.

First decide what you want. Read the ACL chapter in the docs,
and relevant bits of the string-expansions chapter:
http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/

--
Cheers,
Jeremy