Re: [exim] 4.93RC1

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Ian Zimmerman
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.93RC1
On Thu, 7 Nov 2019 at 04:42, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> > Apparently not. Somehow, your build has not used
> > the OS/Makefile-FreeBSD file - or you have managed
> > to override the CFLAGS set there.
>
> Probably the latter, given the discussion in the previous thread.
>
> Odhiambo: try to preserve the CFLAGS from Makefile-FreeBSD, _adding_
> any specific clang flags you need. _Not_ replacing the Makefile-FreeBSD
> flags with yours.
>
> --
> if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
> To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
> which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.

Hello Ian,

Thank you for this explanation.
To be honest, I do not know how anything strange is happening in this
process.
I simply log into the system and:
#sudo su
#tar yxf exim-XXX.tar.xz
#cd exim-XXX
#cp src/EDITME Local/Makefile [I then edit the Local/Makefile to customize
what I need. That's usually not much actually]
#make [if this completed successfully, then]
# stop the running Exim processes
#make install
At this juncture I sit there watching the mainlog/paniclog for some minutes
to see if anything strange pops up...
There is nothing else that I have ever done, except this time round I had
to add a few lines to Local/Makefile, which were meant to make clang be
used as the compiler.
CC=clang
CXX=clang++
CPP=clang-cpp

If anything, I am entirely blank about what would cause the replacement of
in Makefile-FreeBSD or even how to preserve anything from it in my env.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,