Re: [exim] Major confusing with manual compile of Exim

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Major confusing with manual compile of Exim
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 20:17, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 04/11/2019 16:47, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> > The RC1 complains about this:
> >
> > 2019-11-04 19:42:40 Exim configuration error in line 2506 of
> > /usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
> > authenticator fixed_cram: cannot find authenticator driver "cram_md5"
>
> Where did that file come from?

in my Local/Makefile, the Exim configure file is specified as
/usr/local/etc/exim/configure.

> Is it your exim config? If so then...
>
> Yes, it is. The one currently active with 4.92.3

> > I am not using that authenticator anyway
>
> ... apparently yes you are - but your Makefile has not
> included the required driver type.

I mean it is not used at all, much as it is defined as one of the
authenticators.
Thank you once again. You are right I hadn't included it in the Makefile. I
will delete it from my config :-)

Let me now run the 4.93RC1 and observe if anything weird happens.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,