[exim] Dkim check failures problem.

Author: Nigel Robson
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] Dkim check failures problem.
Hello,

First posting to the list, please be gentle … 😊

We are trying to set up DKIM in EXIM. Whilst it works in most cases I have a use case where the message that is received fails the DKIM check with "body hash did not verify"

This happens where the outgoing message (to an external domain) has an attachment and a 'signature/disclaimer' is appended to it with a transport filter using altermime. If I send an e-mail without the attachment but with the 'signature/disclaimer' then DKIM passes. These messages are created by several legacy applications, and fixing the applications isn't a viable proposition.

I'm hoping that somebody may have encountered the same problem and has found a fix or workaround. I've had a look in the list archives, but only found a couple of similar issues, but they didn't work for me.

I'm still working my way through the debug logs to see if I can work out why this is happening.

Thanks in advance

Nigel Robson
The Open University, Level 0 North, Berrill Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA

www.open.ac.uk<http://www.open.ac.uk/>

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.