Re: [exim] data timeout on connection

Author: bulk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data timeout on connection

Update

Jeremy, I saw your post via web. I do not even use check_data, it is
commented. In the check_rcpt I now added a condition-less "accept" VERY
early to mitigate effects of later rules. Problem persists.

And NOW:
2019-10-18T13:56:03.718183+02:00 mailfass exim[4587]: SMTP data timeout
(message abandoned) on connection from hummus.csx.cam.ac.uk
[131.111.8.88] F=<exim-users-bounces+bulk=mailfass.de@???>

Perhaps someone from your side may have look ;-)

Few MTAs still get their messages through. I was successful via telnet
and did not see anything odd.

#################

Hi all,

all of a sudden (after a reboot of the machine, but I cannot see a
connection to that) exim produces a lot of

data timeout on (message abandoned) on connection from mx.example.com
[IP] F=<me@???>

in my logs. These are always the same systems, that retry and fail
again. Other systems don't show probs. By the looks this happens in the
rcpt or data ACL, as the F= is available in the log.

I reinstalled last week's exim.conf to cancel recent changes, but this
did not help.

Hope your answers come through ;-) Will follow on the Web archive.

Yours urgently
Hardy