Re: [exim] data timeout on connection

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data timeout on connection
On 18/10/2019 11:55, Hardy via Exim-users wrote:
> data timeout on (message abandoned) on connection from mx.example.com
> [IP] F=<me@???>
>
> in my logs. These are always the same systems, that retry and fail
> again. Other systems don't show probs. By the looks this happens in the
> rcpt or data ACL, as the F= is available in the log.

"data timeout" implies the data ACL - but really, it's up to the
sending system. If you care enough about the likely mail from
there, there are ways of targetting debug to only watch that one
IP, or sending domain, or whatever.

(search for "debug" in the docs ACL chapter, or ask further either
here or on IRC - freenode, #exim)

--
Cheers,
Jeremy