Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages
On 2019-09-21 00:05, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> No, *mime_acl is for MIME. Plain text body is not MIME.
> But actually I do not understand why we don't have acl_not_smtp_data.
> Ah, because we got acl_not_smtp.
>
> So, probably you want
>

>     acl_smtp_mime     = check_mime
>     acl_not_smtp_mime = check_mime

>     acl_smtp_data = check_data
>     acl_not_smtp  = check_data

> And I believe, the actions you'd do on plain text bodies differ from
> those of mime parts, don't they?

No, I would do the same actions, if I could :-(.

I use the mime acls to search for text in parts of type text/*, it
is very convenient because I get it already decoded and the whole part
saved in a file. I do this in a sweet little dlexpand module.
$message_body doesn't do the same thing, I'll have to invent a different
interface for the sake of non-MIME messages which will make the module
a bit less little and a bit less sweet.