Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages
Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Fr 20 Sep 2019 20:31:58 CEST):
> Is acl_smtp_mime (or acl_not_smtp_mime) called at all for non-MIME
> messages, ie. those encoded as us-ascii with no MIME-Version: and
> treated as a single text/plain part) but now I found a message of this
> type in my store which apparently hasn't been scanned.

No, *mime_acl is for MIME. Plain text body is not MIME.
But actually I do not understand why we don't have acl_not_smtp_data.
Ah, because we got acl_not_smtp.

So, probably you want

    acl_smtp_mime     = check_mime
    acl_not_smtp_mime = check_mime

    acl_smtp_data = check_data
    acl_not_smtp  = check_data

And I believe, the actions you'd do on plain text bodies differ from
those of mime parts, don't they?

--
Heiko