Re: [exim] SSL encryption rejected

Author: Jorge Listas
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SSL encryption rejected
OK, thanks Viktor

Best regards,

Jorge

----- Original Message -----
From: "Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users" <exim-users@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Cc: "Viktor Dukhovni" <exim-users@???>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 10:19 PM

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 05:05:47PM -0300, Jorge Listas via Exim-users wrote:

> days ago my hosting provider has updated exim without notifying me, from
> version 4.87_1 to 4.89
>
> It is installed on a server under CentOS release 5.11 and with openSSL
> 0.98e

OpenSSL 0.9.8 has been unsupported for more than 5 years now. It
has substantial security issues, and must be used. Since that time

    * OpenSSL 1.0.0 was published and reached EOL
    * OpenSSL 1.0.1 was published and reached EOL
    * OpenSSL 1.0.2 was published and is expected reach EOL (5 years
      since initial release) in December of this year.
    * OpenSSL 1.1.1 was published in Sep 2018, and is the latest
      stable version.

DO NOT deploy production systems with OpenSSL 0.9.8, nor likely
Exim 4.89 for that matter, and perhaps also CentOS 5.x, superceded
by Centos 6 and Centos 7.

--
Viktor.