Re: [exim] CVE-2019-15846 ..Exim Vulnerability

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] CVE-2019-15846 ..Exim Vulnerability
On 12/09/2019 13:36, Richard Jones via Exim-users wrote:
> On Sep 12, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote
>> If you're out of luck, either upgrade your Debian system to a recent
>> one, or prepare to compile Exim on your own. (This is not as hard as it
>> seems, but you have to care about further updates manually).
>
> I don't suppose anyone has magical instructions on how to do this for
> exim4-daemon-heavy?

That is a Debian construct; we here don't know exactly what it
contains or implies.

Just taking the exim sources, configuring the Makefile to your needs,
building and replacing the Debian "exim4" executable with the built
exim would get you the patch - but, as Heiko points out, there's an
ongoing issue then. And the element of "Just".

On the plus side, you could then live at the bleeding-edge for
new features.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy