Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> On 14/08/2019 10:48, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
>> Shall Exim be changed to refect the quota-du pov  ( i.e. with an option
>> how to handle hardlinks (default=oldstyle) ) or not?
>
> I'd say it's an outright deficiency in Exim, it needs changing
> and there need be no option.

When there are many files in the mailbox this calculation is likely to be
slow (order n squared, at least when implemented without a good hash
algorithm for 64bit inode values).

I suspect an option to have a fast but inaccurate quota would be useful
in some circumstances.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???