Re: [pcre-dev] (*THEN) works differently in Perl

Author: ph10
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] (*THEN) works differently in Perl
On Tue, 2 Jul 2019, ND via Pcre-dev wrote:

> It seems a Perl is so buggy or have really different conception of (*COMMIT)
> then PCRE.

I am waiting for further information from the Perl developers, but I
suspect that I won't want to change PCRE2, except perhaps to add more
detail to the documentation. In pcre2compat.3 there are already some
comments about differences in the way the (*VERB)s are processed. Note
also that they interact badly with optimizations (both in PCRE2 and
Perl).

Philip

--
Philip Hazel