Re: [exim] eximon remote display

Author: Calum Mackay
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] eximon remote display
Thanks Jeremy,

On 17/06/2019 6:20 pm, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 17/06/2019 18:03, Calum Mackay via Exim-users wrote:
>> however, I've just tried it on a (virtual) display of the system itself,
>> and it doesn't work there either, so perhaps it's not a remote issue?
>>
>> Am I missing something obvious here?
>
> Your window-manager is stealing the keypress?

how could I tell? and why would it? I can click on the buttons, so it's
not stealing those; would would it still shift-click and not click?

And it happens both when I run it in a virtual desktop (thus using my
XFCE window manager on the server), and also if I run it remotely via X
to my Mac, using the Mac's XQuartz, which I am sure isn't using the XFCE
window manager, so it seems unlikely that both would be stealing
shift-click yet not click?

thanks,
calum.