Re: [pcre-dev] Quantifying backtracking verbs

Author: ND
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Quantifying backtracking verbs

It seems you don't understand or I don't. Sorry for my bad English.
I don't ask to calculate real subject_length_lower_bound in patterns with
ACCEPT.
I ask to set subject_length_lower_bound to 0 in all such patterns.

On 2019-06-17 15:07, ph10 wrote:
> If a pattern contains (*ACCEPT) the code for finding the minimum length
> gives up because everything gets too complicated, and so the minimum is
> 0.

Yes, it should. But it not 0, it is 2 in example from this thread:

/A(?:(*ACCEPT))?B/info
Capture group count = 0
First code unit = 'A'
Subject length lower bound = 2
No match

So this pattern have (*ACCEPT) but subject_length_lower_bound is not 0.