Re: [pcre-dev] Quantifying backtracking verbs

Author: ph10
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Quantifying backtracking verbs
On Mon, 17 Jun 2019, ND via Pcre-dev wrote:

> I don't so this fix in PCRE2 source code repository.
> Is there plans to fix it as it doing with another patterns with ACCEPT?
>
> For example studying a pattern
>
> /a(*ACCEPT)/
>
> produce
> Subject length lower bound = 0

If a pattern contains (*ACCEPT) the code for finding the minimum length
gives up because everything gets too complicated, and so the minimum is
0. A simple case like the above is all very well, but I chose not to try
to handle cases like /(abcd(*ACCEPT)|xyz)123/ and worse.

Thank you for all your documentation comments. I will work through them
in due course.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel