Re: [exim] exim-users list and replies

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim-users list and replies
On 2019-05-21 14:09, Mike Brudenell wrote:

> Given that most email clients only offer *Reply* or *Reply to all*
> then if we do want people to reply to the list perhaps the Reply-to
> header should be set to the list's address?

Most email clients? I don't know. The ones I know about (mutt, claws,
thunderbird, evolution) all have *Reply to list* (which may only be
enabled or visible when the original post has list headers).

Changing Reply-To is known as "munging" and is evil. No no. That way
there isn't an option for a poster to _request_ private reply when there
is good reason for it.

It's bad enough that we have to change From because Google & co. decide
to treat DKIM validation failure as absolute ground for rejection, even
from lists.

> Just a thought…
> Mike B-)

My $0.03 :-)