Re: [exim] Exim and file access right

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Arno Thuber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and file access right
On 2019-05-19 at 16:05 +0200, Arno Thuber via Exim-users wrote:
> From chapter 55 of the Exim documentation I see that Exim delivery drops
> rights which it has as a server but I don't fully understand it - or I
> don't understand Unix access rights. With user Debian-exim member of
> privkey_users why can't it read files with access rights for the group
> privkey_users?

<http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_transports.html>

  initgroups    Use: transports    Type: boolean    Default: false

If this option is true and the uid for the delivery process is
provided by the transport, the initgroups() function is called when
running the transport to ensure that any additional groups associated
with the uid are set up.

Turn on that _Transport_ option for the transport which needs to read
the key file.

-Phil