Re: [exim] manualroute defer

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] manualroute defer
On 27/03/2019 08:34, Mrten via Exim-users wrote:
> but today I discovered that if the .84.30 host has nothing listening on
> port 25 delivery gets deferred instead of trying .84.31 and all mail
> queues up.

That shouldn't happen, unless .84.31 has previously been tried and
found nonoperational and that knowledge stashed in the retry DB.

You could just nuke that DB (it's only hints; safe to do any time,
it's only an efficiency thing) and then run a test. Or you could
peek in it to see if there is such a record, or run a test delivery
with debug enabled to see the processing flow.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy