Re: [exim] exim segfault on CSA check

Author: Bill Cole
To: Mike Tubby via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim segfault on CSA check
On 15 Mar 2019, at 14:35, Mike Tubby via Exim-users wrote:

> On 15/03/2019 14:54, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
>> On 15/03/2019 14:36, Mike Tubby via Exim-users wrote:
>>> Does the use of a CNAME in this case violate an RFC?
>> I've not looked hard to find one. The original RFC
>> for SRV doesn't mention CNAME.
>
> Discussion here:
>
> https://serverfault.com/questions/765743/published-srv-records-pointing-to-cname-alias-in-violation-of-rfc-2782

Not really.

That refers to the name which is the "Target" field of a SRV record,
which must (as with the "Host" field of a MX record) be a name with an A
and/or AAAA record and NOT a CNAME record.

In this case, the name being asked about (which has a SRV label format)
has a CNAME record (as a consequence of an apparent wildcard CNAME,) so
that is what any query for that name gets as a reply.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???