Re: [exim] Spam though my server

Author: Sebastian Nielsen
To: mje, 'exim users'
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam though my server
Thats where you as a administrator must step in and put down the foot, and tell the users that they must adapt.
The best way here is to require that travelling users VPN to their home computers or home networks.
And they have to send via the 587 server to get accepted (ergo SPF on all domains)

Im not talking about blocking specific countries, but rather tying accounts to specific countries so the accounts can only be used from the countries where they "belong". To lessen the chance that spambots hacks the password.

Thats because email don't work so well with 2FA except for where there is webmail system.

The good with exim4 is that its very flexible in this regard and can be configured and adapted to require that customers connect from their "home countries" to get accepted.
You might lose some customers by setting such strict settings, but it will make them generally happier because deliverability will increase when your server isn't on blacklists.