Re: [exim] Spam though my server

Author: Mark Elkins
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spam though my server
Those customers with machines bolted to desks usually use the mail
server of their Internet supplier - via port 25 and with no authentication.

The main reason I have a Port 587 server with authentication is because
I appear to have a large portion of nomadic users. Some customers seem
to be very well travelled, going to places like China, USA and Europe
including Russia. GeoBlocking would be a bad idea.

I have a small operation from European standards, I run just over 1500
domains. A few are quite large with 100's of users, others have 10 or so
mail accounts. Only a few have SPF records - as and when all users from
that domain use my port 587 relay mail server.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje@???       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496