Re: [exim] Debian-Bug not stopping exim

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian-Bug not stopping exim
Am Do den 7. Feb 2019 um 8:26 schrieb Jan Ingvoldstad via Exim-users:
> Additionally, as Exim in Debian still uses SYSV init scripts, this would
> probably work better if rewritten to work with systemd, which was
> introduced with Jessie several years ago. I see more issues with "mongrel"
> init scripts (scripts run using systemd's SYSV compatibility thingy) than
> with definitions written for systemd in the first place.

I have no systemd anywhere on my systems. On server systems there is no
place for this crap.

I did also not say, that it is a exim problem. I just asked if someone
else already debugged it on debian systems. (It is clearly a debian
problem as start-stop-daemon is part of dpkg. But as I told, since the
systemd evangelists took over debian, it is a nightmare to file bugs
there so if one (as me) uses debian, you are on your own and need to fix
troubles by yourself as debian is no help anymore.)

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16            Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C