Re: [exim] Debian-Bug not stopping exim

Author: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian-Bug not stopping exim
On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 11:56 PM Graeme Fowler via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2019, at 22:03, Klaus Ethgen via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
> wrote:
> > So there was a bug introduced in the last few weeks in start-stop-daemon
> > that I have to find a way around. The current situation is not
> > acceptable.
>
> At this point I’m going to be the person who says “this is not an Exim
> problem”.
>
> It’s affecting exim, I don’t doubt that - but start-stop-daemon is a
> feature of the init system in Debian, so you do need to raise it with them
> despite your misgivings about doing so.

Additionally, as Exim in Debian still uses SYSV init scripts, this would
probably work better if rewritten to work with systemd, which was
introduced with Jessie several years ago. I see more issues with "mongrel"
init scripts (scripts run using systemd's SYSV compatibility thingy) than
with definitions written for systemd in the first place.

I'll see if I can find the tuits for a proposed change to the package
maintainers!
--
Jan