Re: [exim] Slow down ?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Slow down ?
On 03/02/2019 09:17, Francois Sauterey via Exim-users wrote> I've a
problem with one of main French provider : orange.fr
> When several messages are sent to @ orange.fr in a too short period of
> time, they are (temporarily) refused:
>
>> SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 421
>> mwinf5c78 ME Trop de connexions, veuillez verifier votre
>> configuration. Too many connections, slow down. OFR004_104 [104]
> The french part of this message say some thing like "Too many
> connections, please verify you configuration"

One thing you could do would be to deliberately queue this
class of messages (decided during ACL), and run your queue
using "-qq", and not so often. You'd then have single
connections handling multiple messages to a larger extent,
so fewer of them overall.

Another thing you could do would be to investigate the
transport option "max_parallel".
--
Cheers,
Jeremy