Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3
On Mon, 28 Jan 2019, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> On 28/01/2019 10:50, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
>> is anyone of you running TLS 1.3 already ?
>
> It functions fine in the Exim regression-test suite,
> on systems having suitable library support.
>
> I've not seen any such connections in production yet.

I see many header lines like:

by hummus.csx.cam.ac.uk with esmtpsa (TLSv1.3:TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:256)
(Exim 4.91) (envelope-from <pdp@???>) id 1f8ZjZ-0007nY-8Q
for exim-dev@???; Wed, 18 Apr 2018 00:09:57 +0100

in my exim email folder.

I believe this means that at least the exim server receives TLSv1.3
connections from at least one exim developer
and has been doing so for about nine months.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                                     Cambridge, UK
                         andrew@???