Re: [pcre-dev] show file name in a spearate line?

Author: ph10
To: Peng Yu
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] show file name in a spearate line?
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019, Peng Yu via Pcre-dev wrote:

> The filenames are shown in the first line of the match, which makes it
> not very readable. Is there a way to show the filename in a separate
> line?

I presume you are referring to pcre2grep, where the file name is shown
for every line that matches. This is the same format as for other grep
programs.

The answer to your question is "no", I'm afraid. I see that there is
already an item on the WishList to do this, but I do not have any
current plans/estimate of when it might be done.

Thank you for your input.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel