[exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?

Author: Mike Tubby
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] SPF not working in Exim 4.91 ?

I have been using Exim-4 built from source with SPF from libspf2:

    https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/SPF

for several years and when a new version is issued I grab the tarball,
copy over Local/Makefile from the previous release and:

    make configure
    make
    make install

and all is usually well, however in attempting to go from Exim 4.89 to
4.91 I can see there have been some changes:

https://fossies.org/diffs/exim/4.90.1_vs_4.91/src/spf.c-diff.html

So I've altered my Local/Makefile

# Compiling Exim with experimental features. These are documented in
# experimental-spec.txt. "Experimental" means that the way these
features are
# implemented may still change. Backward compatibility is not guaranteed.

# Uncomment the following lines to add SPF support. You need to have libspf2
# installed on your system (www.libspf2.org). Depending on where it is
installed
# you may have to edit the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS lines.

#EXPERIMENTAL_SPF=yes
SUPPORT_SPF=yes
#CFLAGS  += -I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS += -lspf2

# Uncomment the following lines to add SRS (Sender rewriting scheme)
support.
# You need to have libsrs_alt installed on your system (srs.mirtol.com).
# Depending on where it is installed you may have to edit the CFLAGS and
# LDFLAGS lines.

EXPERIMENTAL_SRS=yes
CFLAGS  += -I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS += -lsrs_alt
#LDFLAGS += -lsrs2

and it compiles and links without error, however the SPF ACLs in my
exim.conf are not recognised and it throws errors:

2019-01-12 10:59:55 Exim configuration error in line 715 of
/etc/exim/exim.conf:
  error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "warn spf = !none"
2019-01-12 11:02:01 Exim configuration error in line 843 of
/etc/exim/exim.conf:
  error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "spf = pass"
2019-01-12 11:02:19 Exim configuration error in line 846 of
/etc/exim/exim.conf:
  error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "deny spf = fail"
2019-01-12 11:11:33 Exim configuration error in line 715 of
/etc/exim/exim.conf:
  error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "warn spf = !none"
2019-01-12 11:13:39 Exim configuration error in line 715 of
/etc/exim/exim.conf:
  error in ACL: unknown ACL condition/modifier in "warn spf = !none"

Mike