Re: [exim] Need more informations about remote_smtp defer ex…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Need more informations about remote_smtp defer exim4 log
On 07/01/2019 08:17, Simon via Exim-users wrote:
> *address_to@??? R=dnslookup_users T=remote_smtp defer (98):
> Address already in use*

That's quite difficult error to induce. It's a conflict in
address usage between the socket being used and some other
process.

Is there anything unusual about the system you are running?
Multiple MTAs active, perhaps? Or malware doing their
own mailsending...

We might need to see debug for this, but I'd guess
it's on the "connect" syscall being done by the transport.

> After that, the mail is put in mail queue, I don't know why,

It gets queued because the attempt to send it failed.
That part is expected given the earlier error.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy