Re: [exim] Virtual Users

Author: exi.ml
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Virtual Users
Hello,

I missed the initial question, so I don’t know your background. Besides,
I must tell I do not know the solutions you mentioned. So I hope my
answer won’t be beside the point…

Le 30/11/2018 à 17:37, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users a écrit :
> On 2018-11-30 01:00, Jay Gairson wrote:
>> To manage my virtual users (and the domains they are associated with),
>> I have used a variety of solutions over the years -- flat files, SMAD,
>> VEXIM, etc. It appears most of these solutions, except flat files,
>> are increasingly outdated or nonfunctional.
>
> This may not be applicable to your situation, but in general, when you
> can do something with a flat file you can also do it with cdb.

I wrote an article some time ago, about having virtual users (and real
ones too) using flat files:
http://yalis.fr/cms/index.php/post/2015/06/07/Both-virtual-and-real-users-in-the-same-domain-with-Exim-and-Courier

You might be interested in the newer installment of the same idea, this
time using LDAP (but the principle is still the same):
https://yalis.fr/git/yves/home-server/

Look in particular at Ansible roles:
— slapd
— ldap
— dmz_exim
Also related:
— dovecot (and haproxy for TLS)
— acme_front/back (hence dmz_nginx too, for Let’s Encrypt)
— nftables_front/back

HTH.
Yves.