Re: [exim] Time values in config file

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Time values in config file
On 2018-11-16 23:08, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Whether something is expanded depend on where it is used, which
> you don't say. The documentation for each option should make it clear.

What I wanted to write was more like "time-valued configuration options
are not expanded" but then I would have been just wrong, instead of "not
even wrong" :-)

You are right: some are, some are not. The one I hit was
transport_filter_timeout. The work around was a macro which takes
advantage of the fact that macro expansion ignores word boundaries, so
it's quite ugly but it works.